Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving (A little Late)

I pray each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We wanted to take some time and tell you how thankful we are for you. You have blessed our lives in countless ways. Your prayers, notes and phone calls have meant so much to us. Thank you for loving our little boy and welcoming him into your hearts and lives.
Mason has had some ups and downs lately. We met with the GI doctor today and he is going to do a biopsy next Wednesday to test for Hirschprungs Disease. Over the past 3 months Mason has not been able to go #2 on his own. We have been trying several different things to see if they would work and we haven't had success with any of them. They did find blood in his stool when they did his last test. They have taken all dairy out of my diet to see if he has a milk allergy. If he does have Hirschprungs, then they would do surgery to repair some of the dead nerves. The doc said that it is 99% successful. In some ways it would be a blessing to solve that issue. As far as the vomiting goes, they are not sure if he is aspirating when he eats. First, we're going to tackle the going #2 issue then we'll deal with the vomiting issue. He has gained a 1/2 pound!! Yeah !!! At least he's moving on up.
How to pray: That we can solve the issues with going to the bathroom, continue to gain weight, keeping his food down. On a side prayer :) That he would sleep through the night. He's enjoying the 3o'clock hour lately.
This past weekend Mason was having a tough time at night. On Friday night I began to get frustrated and not sure what else to do to help him. My personality is a problem - solving type. If I can figure out a way to fix it, I will. Knowing this about myself my life verse is Proverbs 3:5&6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE Will direct your path. I know God gave me this verse b/c it's where I struggle the most. God reminded me in the early morning hours that He has everything under control. He loves Mason more than I ever could and I need to enjoy these moments. Time goes by so fast and I won't be able to rock him forever. I know I'll long for the day to go back to this time. So I'm learning to embrace the night take that time to pray over Mason, hold him tight, kiss him like crazy and continue to remind myself to Let it Go and Let God be God.
We love you all so much and thank you for taking this journey with our family. We will be posting pics of Mason's first Thanksgiving later this week. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Susan T-V said...

Hey Wendy - We are praying EVERY day for Mason and your family. The pics you posted are beautiful - he is just an adorable little boy. You guys are loved!

Susan Vilbert